Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A poem that I wrote

I'm Invisible!

I'm invisible, you can't see me
Maybe I'm just a figment of the imagination
It's always been that way you see
For as long as I remember
I watch and listen but seldom do you see me

When times are tough and things are getting you down
I patiently listen to all you have to say
I'll open my mouth and speak
Sometimes you'll hear me, more often than not, you won't
But that's fine, I'm learning to live with being invisible

I'll send you a hug of comfort to ease away your fears
And use my finger to dry away the tears
You don't always feel these things
But they are there for you just the same

Who's reality am I in, yours or mine?
If it's mine, then that's fine
I'm learning to live with being invisible
Watching, listening and seldom being seen

I'm invisible, you can't see me
Am I just a figment of your imagination?
Who knows and does it really matter?
I am always watching and listening
I am always there for you, whenever you may need me
This is my unconditional love for you.

©Carol Field
March 2009